Friday, November 4, 2011

BFF's

So it has been like forever since I felt the need to update this thing. Every time I decide I am going to come on here and write something great and new, I type about three sentences and then think, BORING...why don't I have something super exciting or deep to write about? So, tonight the house is quiet, my kids are all tucked away in bed, my husband is at the deer camp and I am left here in my house with my own thoughts. These thoughts got me thinking about how fortunate I am to have had met so many great friends along the way. As a child my family moved around a lot. We started out in Idaho then to Crookston, then off to Thief River Falls and lastly to Aurora. Each time my parents would come to me and tell me that my dad had taken a new job, and I would be SO mad at them and so very sad that I would have to leave everything that I knew, including my friends, but time heals all and around each corner was a new adventure. In turn, I met some great new friends, who will always be a piece of who I am. As an adult I have been fortunate enough to have had similar experiences as I did as a child. It started in college, to our adventures in Utah, to the Twin Cities and now in Two Harbors. In each of these places I have been so blessed to have met some tremendous people who have touched my life in more ways than I can possibly list. Having these people come and go through out my life has made it so extremely full and wonderful and I can't even imagine not knowing and caring for each and every one of these great people. So I guess what I would like to do is thank all of you who have played an important part in my life, from being my playmate, my partner-in-crime, my roommate, my bridesmaid, my co-worker, my neighbor and my fellow-mommy. You all are amazingly awesome!

"Wherever you may be it is your friends who make your world."

"Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold."
(I use to sing this one in Brownies...I loved it!)

"Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same."


1 comment:

stalker sarah said...

What a great post! I know how you feel! :) And I have such wonderful memories of our time together on Carolyn Place! :)