Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What A Great Road Trip!

Photo of a sunrise over Lake Superior (the picture doesn't do it justice)


I just re-read the very first post I wrote...Wow, it was almost one year ago! At that time I was living a life of uncertainty and feeling kind of scared about moving and leaving all I knew at the time, but also really excited to take the road less traveled. Granted, it was hard to take that sharp turn to the right and exit into the unknown, but it was so worth it! When we were kids my family took many road trips across the U.S. and I have so many memories to go along with those trips. We faced tall mountains, which we needed to climb, beautiful sunsets that made us cry, amazing people who touched our lives and of course, some flat tires along the way, but if we would have just stayed home and not gone out on all of our adventures we would have never had the chance to experience all of those beautiful sights and bumps along the way. Now, looking back into my rear view mirror, I see all the wonderful things I have left behind, but looking straight ahead, at where I am now is just as amazing.

1 comment:

Julienne said...

You are such a great writer. I wish that I had half the talent you do when it comes to writing. You make it sound like a story. I hope that you and your cute little family are doing well. By the way I Boo Brett every time I see him.